In taking advantage of the nice weather, we headed out to the yard to battle the vines. After moving in August 25th, 2008, I said we'd give the vines a chance. Well, they've had it. They started to take off downspouts, destroy the pointing between bricks, but I think the last straw was them (for some reason) starting to burrow underneath periwinkle to creep away from the house. So, out we went, and chop we did.
|The side of the house|
This adventure also reminded us that we needed to patch the front of the garage, so after I had chased the intruder out, I stood guard while Glenn went to get some of our leftover drywall from upstairs. One of the to-do items is to drop all that off at the dump, but we're glad we had it this afternoon. We put three pieces across, in the hopes that it'll hold up until we can go get some real wood to redo it properly. Quite frankly, I think we've had enough of drywall.... although after all the work upstairs, neither of us is really scared of it anymore :)
|Upstairs walls, done!|