I can't believe it, I'm finally ready to say - the base of the hoosier is done! It's a big accomplishment for me, as it challenged me to do a few things I'd never done before. Aside from "make a cabinet", the foreign particulars included making a face frame and doors, making drawers with old-fashioned sliders, and installing pre-made sliders on other drawers.
Last weekend, I had a break from working on the commissioned dining room table I'm making (more to come on that in a future post!) and so I went down to the woodshop to get moving on the interior drawers of the hoosier.
The last update I shared with you was about how I built the drawers and the old-fashioned slider rails to get us some more usable storage space. The two drawers I built this time were for the interior of the cabinet and to start getting things off of the bookshelf that we've been using as a "pantry" for months and months now (sorry Dear!)
|Taa Daa! The both slide okay, although feel a little heavy. To be honest, they ARE heavy,|
but definitely useful!
Now… it's on to building the upper cabinet (again around the furnace pipe, and with open shelves and also a stained glass door) and then the shelving that goes above the hoosier and over the fridge.
Until then, the Waugh Woodshop has a couple of projects on the go. The dining room table has been delivered, but the commissioned list isn't done yet - which is a very good thing :)